8.31.2008

617am

I can't sleep. I leave for Canada in 2 hours. Since I am horrible at getting up in the morning, I woke up every hour, on the hour, checking the clock. Not getting much sleep isn't helpful when you have a 9 hour drive ahead of you. Plus, the sleep that I did get wasn't very good. I got up at 6 because I heard a noise downstairs. It was nothing. Now I'm up. And tired.


I got an email from my roommate last night telling me that our townhouse is a palace:

"The house has absolutely EVERYTHING you need... and then some more. My bed was even made with fresh linens (as was yours). It's basically set up as if she was going to live there tomorrow, we just happen to be staying there instead. There are dishes, toiletries (including toilet paper), tv's, cable, internet, everything."

I'm now rethinking my packing choices. My car is full to the brim, and I'm sitting here, wondering if I should unpack my car, and put more things into storage that I probably didn't need to take with me.

One thing I am the slightest bit concerned with is the feeling of home. I hope that I'll feel at home in a house that is new to me, plus doesn't have much of my stuff in it. I am bringing one piece of my own furniture. I sold the rest. I don't want to go there and feel like I'm in a glass house, not wanting to ruin anything.

Here we go. Pictures will come.

No comments: