6.01.2014

i need a pot

I have always wanted to poach an egg and haven't ever tried because various reality cooking shows make it seem so challenging.  I woke up and decided that today is the day for egg poaching!  One major issue... I did not realize that I don't own any pots.  I used a sauce pan which was my best option but this definitely made the process more difficult. I could not swirl the water around with enough speed because the sides of the pan are so shallow, the water did not completely cover the egg so it slightly cooked one part of the yoke, and the white didn't surround the yoke as much as I would have liked.   Despite my shortcomings, I was surprised how easy the process was!  Once I get a pot I might start poaching eggs every day.  Mookie loves eggs, too :)


No comments: