In reaction to this stuckness, I decided to give myself a goal of reading 15 books in 2012 which seemed completely attainable. The many lovely suggestions from friends paired with my current hour+ commute to Rock Center gave me high hopes of finishing within my given time frame.
Earlier this week I finished my 15th book, and I still have 4 months left to go!!! Goal #1, check.
MK's Reading List 2012
1. Wind Up Bird Chronicles- H. Murakami
2. Little women- L.M. Alcott
3. Norwegian wood- H. Murakami
4. After the Quake- H. Murakami
5. After Dark- H. Murakami
6. A Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao- J. Diaz
7. The Broom of the System- D.F. Wallace
8. Identical Strangers- E. Schein & P. Bernstein
9. The Art of Eating In- C. Erway
10. Blindness- J. Saramago
11. A Wild Sheep Chase- H. Murakami
12. Room- E. Donoghue
13. Wild- C. Strayed
14. 1Q84- H. Murakami
15. Lolita- V. Nabokov
If you noticed, I decided that I love Murakami. His surrealist world and well-developed characters makes for a very compelling tale. Go read "Wind Up Bird Chronicles" right now!